Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dream House... Was Not So Dreamy

Last night I went to the movies with my cousin – we went to see Dream House. I wasn’t sure exactly what kind of movie it would be; whether it would be a scary movie, thriller, or something of the like. Turns out, I’m still not sure after seeing it.

As with most movies I see, I watched the full length trailer beforehand. Looked good! One fault (and post-link warning… sorry) is that the trailer gave away a key component to the movie. I was watching the movie thinking, “well they’re going to get to that part really quickly and then we’ll really get into the movie”. I was wrong. What I saw was the “twist” and I ended up watching about two thirds of the movie knowing more than the average audience. Luckily my cousin hadn’t seen the preview I did so she wasn’t “in the know”, but she agreed, that if she knew what I did, the movie would be ruined.

MOVING ON from my very specific problem, I thought the movie was ok. Average. Then came the ending and I felt like it had been someones after thought; almost an “Ooops! We have to wrap things up somehow!”.

Quick Facts
  • Movie: Dream House
  • Date Released: September 30, 2011
  • Starring: Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts


No comments:

Post a Comment