Thursday, October 6, 2011

"I want to put a ding in the universe"

News broke last night that Steve Jobs passed away at the age of 56. He was the founder, and Chairman of Apple Inc. Easy fact. But wow, was he so much more.

Upon hearing the news my thoughts were that he didn't just change Apple. He changed the way we interact with technology and with each other. He changed the world. I truly believe that.

It's that thought that also makes me scared. Scared that we have lost a brilliant and innovative man. It's not everyday that someone changes the world! What does this mean for the future of technology? Logically I can put together that Steve had previously been sick, forcing others to takeover the helm of Apple, and contributed to where it is today. There is no doubt though, that the Apple we know and love, the Apple whose products are ubiquitous throughout the world, was brought there by Steve. I hope we can make him proud and that we can somehow move forward and continue to be creative and innovate in the way he was. Let's think bigger, dream harder, and become more.  

"I want to put a ding in the universe". Well he certainly did.

Steve Jobs 1955-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment