Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March = St. Patrick's Day!

So, St. Patrick's Day has come! And gone.  

St. Patrick's Day is probably my favourite holiday of them all! Christmas is pretty darn fantastic, but that feels more like a season full of good spirit than a holiday. I like to do things up (pretty big) on St. Patrick's Day. I'd like to think this year is no exception! Previous years I had stayed in the city... because who travels for St. Patrick's Day? Me now! Here is my quick summary of where I've gone and where I'm going...

Last year: BOSTON. MIND-BLOWING. If you want to know what St. Patrick's Day is all about and how to celebrate it, this is your place! It was on a weekday too and the atmosphere was pretty off the charts.  

This year: MONTREAL. It was good. Really good. Sadly, having been to Boston for this occasion the previous year, it didn't quite provide the same experience. There is certainly nothing wrong with it though. Not to mention, Montreal is one of my favourite cities (not just because it's super close).

Next year: CHICAGO. Never been, but am actually going in a couple weeks. When you Google "where should I go on St.Patrick's Day", Ireland is #1... then Chicago. Appealing? Um, yes. They dye the river green and apparently just go nuts. I mean, if there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's gotta be there right?!?!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment