Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book Review: Fifty Shades Trilogy

So this is THE most talked about book series, or at least was the last few months. It is so saucy and has ladies all over the world going crazy! The fact that they are making a movie only creates more buzz. So, on that note, I thought I would review them. I will be brief as there are reviews for this everywhere you look. 

I read all 3 within about 2 months at the beginning of the summer, and although I like the book series as a whole, the books are not equal, so I will break it down by reviewing each one.


Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades Trilogy

Fifty Shades of Grey: SAUCY, SAUCY, SAUCY! 

Fifty Shades Darker: SAUCY, SAUCY!

Fifty Shades Freed: SAUCY! 

But for real, the series was pretty great overall and unlike anything I've ever read. I'm not much into the whole romance books, let alone an erotic novel! Yeah, that's right, I said erotic. And it was. I think because it was new genre for me, and because I don't mind sauciness, I really liked the first one. It hooked me. The second one was simply an extension, which is not a bad thing but more of the same for sure. It resolved the cliffhanger of the first one, while adding a thriller type element as the story continued. The final one however, was NOT good in my opinion. More of what you got in the first two, and if you're like me, you've had enough at this point. I think it's called Fifty Shades Freed because when it's finally over you are FREE! At times I found it boring and predictable. Very tough. If you can't tell, I rate these books as going from strongest to weakest: the first one being awesome, new, sexy; and the last being almost unbearable.

If you have not read them yet, I recommend you try the first one! Everyone is talking about it and it's worth seeing what all the hype is about. You will know with the first one if this is a trilogy for you or not. If you have read them, what did you think? Would you recommend all or none?

No comments:

Post a Comment