Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Must See TV: Wilfred

Have you seen this show? If not, you've got to see this show!

I've just finished Season 1 (Season 2 just finished airing on FX I believe) and I can't handle how much I loved it. The synopsis as described on IMDB is: 
Wilfred, TV, review
"The story of a manic depressive man who inexplicably is the only one who can see his neighbor's dog as full grown man in a dog suit."

I was not sure how much potential that kind of a story would have but let me tell you, A LOT is the answer. First of all, this "full grown man in a dog suit" is brilliant. He's got an Australian accent and has a very suave manner about him. He's a funny "man" while expressing the thoughts and emotions that you would expect from a dog. Unreal. I'm not even a dog person (I know, I know) but I totally appreciated how he was perfectly emulating what a dog would do/think in certain situations. I mean, he even took a "liking" to a teddy bear named Bear. It's so perfect.

The manic depressive character who is the only one who sees Wilfred as a man, is played by Elijah Wood. He is pretty great in this role too. Watching him try to not look crazy while dealing with Wilfred is a lot of fun. It's a great part for him.

I won't get into detail explaining specifics (because with something like this show it's a "you had to be there/see it" kind of thing) but I will say, the whole series from episode one right up to the finale was very smart, funny, dark, light, fresh and just better then you might ever expect. Since I mentioned the finale, WOW. I cannot wait to get my hands on Season 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment