Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Phyllis Diller... rest in peace

Because I am a child of the 80's I did not watch Phyllis Diller rise to stardom and pave the path for future female stand-up comedians. But it's hard not to know who she is as she was quite the character. She passed away yesterday. In memory of her I wanted to share some great quotes of hers...


Phyllis Diller
Phyllis Diller, 1917-2012
"Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight."

"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them."

"The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public."

"What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day."

"The only time I ever enjoyed ironing is the day I accidently got gin in the steam iron."

"My photographs don't do me justice - they just look like me."

Seth MacFarlane, Phyllis Diller,

No comments:

Post a Comment