Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Love Actually

EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS SEASON this is a must watch for me! Definitely one of my favourite movies of all time, this film just warms my heart and gets me in the holiday spirit like nothing else.

Love Actually, Christmas, movie, holidays, love, lifeI just watched it with my cousin and there were so many times we were saying "oh, this part is so good!", or even got emotional! (That's my M.O. by the way - I'm a weeper!) Since the movie takes place while counting down to Christmas, it's hard not to let the Christmas spirit take you over. It's also such a powerful movie when it comes to love. Isn't love the best?! So many stars in it too. I just can't get enough of it. I'm pretty sure I smile from start to end, haha!

With the negative things going on in the world/on the news as of late, the opening dialogue in the movie is something worth sharing and keeping in mind: "Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."

Chances are you have seen this movie, BUT if you have not, I recommend you drop everything you're doing right now and watch it immediately. You will not regret it. 



2 comments:

  1. you and me both Sister! :) It's sooo great. I have trouble picking my favorite character! "kids, don't buy drugs. become a rockstar and they give you them for freeeeee!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That line is HILARIOUS! I love the part with the guy and the cue cards... might have to watch it again! :)

      Delete