Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Taffy Lane

Chritmas, holidaysI don't know if every city has one, but we have a street in our city called Taffy Lane that is known for it's Christmas spirit and over-the-top decorating. I heard about it for the first time last year, on the radio I think, and ever since have had this itch to go see what it's all about. I never made it last year but this year my roommate and I were determined. We visited this street last night and it was everything we'd hoped for... maybe more!

I think before arriving we were both expecting the street to be decorated with all the traditional lights and such - but boy, were we surprised! You know the movie, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation? Even if you haven't seen it, maybe you at least know that the dad in that movie covers the house with a ridiculous amount of lights and other decorations, so much so that you don't know where to look and the power even goes out? Well, it was kind of like that! Not all the houses mind you, but there were some crazy ones! We definitely turned into kids running from house to house looking at all the lights and details. We decided to walk it because then we could get up close, take pictures, and take our time. By the time we left there was quite the build up of cars driving through super slowly. I've heard closer to Christmas they have to pull police in to manage some of the traffic build up! It was definitely worth it though. I thought I was in the Christmas spirit before but this just shot it WAY up!

Christmas, holidaysChristmas, Holidays


Christmas, HolidaysChristmas, Holidays



No comments:

Post a Comment