Monday, December 17, 2012

XOXO Gossip Girl

Today marks the end of a mini-era for me. Tonight is the series finale of Gossip Girl. I have been watching (and loving) this show from the very beginning! I remember 6 years ago my mom telling me she had heard of this new show starting up in the fall and that I should check it out because it sounded right up my alley. Well, was she ever right! (I mean, are moms ever wrong... really?) 

5 years later I am still hooked and still loving it. For me I like my TV shows to provide an escape and this one did it for me. At the start of its run, Gossip Girl was set as a high school drama, but lucky for me, a somewhat intelligent one at least! Also lucky, they all graduated high school on the show a couple years ago (and seemed to skip college and go right in to careers), so I didn't feel so bad being a young career woman and watching it. Other parts of it I love? New York City. Been there. Loved it. Enjoyed seeing it on the show. The fashion. UNREAL! Seeing all the designer duds come to life and being inspired by their styling - it was a brilliant show for fashion. It also introduced me to a lot of indie music I might not have otherwise found. Although obviously VERY different, the NYC and fashion elements of the show were reminiscent of Sex and the City for me. I wonder what show will turn up next to inspire me the same way...

Gossip Girl, TV, Finale, fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment