Monday, February 18, 2013

Neons and Mint

fashion, outfit, I don't know about you but when I'm browsing fashion or making up my wishlists, I've noticed that at any given time I'm drawn to a certain theme of things, mostly relating to a certain colour scheme. For example: just last month, everything I was looking at and coveting was white, black or blue. I have no idea why, but one day I started to notice this trend in all the pages I was bookmarking or all the wishlists I was creating! Right now I'm onto a new trend that appears to be made up of neons and mint. Those don't necessarily make as much sense as the former colour scheme but it is what it is! With spring collections rolling out I suppose there is some rationale to where the inspiration came from. From looking at all the spring fashion previews months ago, and with the spring collections that are coming out right now, I'm pleased to report that it looks like neons and mints are here to stay for at least another year!

Simply out of curiosity, I decided to pull together a sample outfit to see if this colour scheme even works! Well, this is the outfit I put together - three items I own and one is on my wishlist. What do we think? I think it looks mighty fine and like a perfect outfit to rock the second spring reveals itself! :)
  
 


2 comments:

  1. LOVING neon and mint together. I started obsessing over mint last year and it has not disappeared. This actually reminds me of a mani I did last summer with all mint nails and one neon pink accent one. May have to bring that out again :)

    Happy President's Day!

    -Ash
    www.pursuitofshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint is so great. I'm pretty excited to break out those mint shoes! I love that manicure idea too! I've not tried the accent nail look yet.

      Delete