Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

Hey look, it's Wedding Wednesday again! I had to do this Wedding Wednesday so soon after the last one because something has happened, not once, but twice now. Two recent celebrity brides wore black wedding dresses. It's one thing to rock a pink wedding dress like Jessica Biel (which really was stunning and a trend that does seem to be coming back in small doses) but black? The first celebrity to do pull this off was Shenae Grimes (of 90210 fame). I must admit, when I saw her dress I was not in love with it but I definitely didn't hate it either! I think that's because it wasn't an ALL black dress. I also tend to give celebrities a break on things like this because they tend to be a bit more "artistic" or "quirky" than the rest of us. But when I saw the second bride in black, Avril Lavigne, I was not impressed. A solid black gown with black roses... nope, not for me. I found it too dark and heavy when I think of weddings as light and romantic.

Shenae Grimes, wedding, black dress, wedding dressAvril Lavigne, wedding, black dress, wedding dress
I have NO idea if this will be a trend, but I kind of hope not. Again, I'm okay with breaking tradition to create something unique and personal, but this might be too much - at least to the extent Avril went. What do you think of these brides?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's just morbid looking. To each their own, I suppose, but I'm with you... NOT for ME.

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete