I was in my fridge looking for a non-cereal-something to have for breakfast when I thought of doing my own take on a breakfast burrito. I wanted something hot and healthy so this seemed to fit the bill! In the past I've tried to make a scrambled egg concoction and throw it in a wrap, but it never really worked. This one, for whatever reason, did.
2 eggs | red onion | mushrooms | spinach | part-skim mozarella cheese | wheat tortilla
Here's what I did:
- I sprayed a little Pam in a frying pan and put in my mushrooms and onions; the amount of each you use is up to you but I used about 2 tablespoons of each finely chopped
- Crack both eggs into the pan once the onions and mushrooms are cooked; the eggs start frying right away so stir aggressively to get them scrambled
- Once the eggs are well mixed and cooking, add your spinach; I used quite about (about a handful) as it shrinks right down when cooked
- Once the spinach is cooked down add the cheese on top of it all; let sit and start to melt before mixing it up
- Place on a tortilla, wrap up and enjoy!
I should note that this all made more than a tortilla could hold so I ate some of it with a fork until I could wrap it. I've made it 3 times now in the last week and love it!
If you make it, enjoy! Or if you have your own invention, please share!